Now Playing
WEGL Live
Listen Live
WEGL FM
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

Staff Spotlight: Alex Husting

Get to Know WEGL's Sports Director!

Rising Sophomore

Major: Journalism

Position: Sports Director 

How did you find out about WEGL?

I got to go on a tour with Dr. Carvalho and he took us to the student media suite in the student center and that was the first time I had ever heard anything about WEGL. We met the staff who was meeting in the bullpen and JP said “Do you like talking about sports? Do you like writing about sports? Then WEGL is for you.”

What lead you to apply to your position?

After only a year at WEGL I got to learn so much and watch Jared handle the many responsibilities of Sports director and I was interested in taking on some more responsibility. After talking it over with Jared and hearing that he wanted me to apply for the position I figured I should give it a shot.

Favorite WEGL Memory:

My favorite memory has got to be the day Jared texted me about joining the Xtra Point. I had only been at WEGL for a few months and had my own show with my friend Davis, but the Xtra Point really felt like a step up. I also had a great time on the show with some very hilarious and ridiculous moments, not all focused on sports.

Favorite Song Lyric: 

I was thinking about saying the free bird guitar solo but I know that’s technically not a lyric so if you’d like me to find actually lyrics I can.

If you could only listen to one album the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Album: Films about Ghosts by Counting Crows. My parents were huge Counting Crows fans and I grew up listening to this album on every road trip. I’ve basically spent my life listening to it so I might as well continue the trend.

Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 WEGLFM