NEED A DJ OR WANT TO BROADCAST AN EVENT?
WEGL 91.1 FM, Auburn University’s Student Operated Radio Station is able to provide DJ and remote broadcasting for events on and off the Auburn campus based on availability of resources. Please contact us at least two weeks in advance.
WEGL will provide at least one DJ, mobile equipment that includes speakers. WEGL can emcee (MC) the event at the request of the sponsoring organization, and can make any necessary announcements. WEGL will play requests of the organization if possible. This is the most common request we receive. Please note the rates listed below.
DJ SERVICE RATES:
The sponsoring organization is required to provide a power source. WEGL will take care of the speaker system, table tent, DJs and the fun. In addition to playing music of your choice, WEGL can announce winners, instructions, reminders, sponsors, etc.
On Campus and Nonprofit Organizations:
o $100 per hour
An organization or group can partner with WEGL in hosting an event if approved to do so. WEGL will select two non-profit events/causes each semester to sponsor. In doing this, WEGL will provide free DJ services in return of being included in the promotion and planning of the event (logo used on t-shirts, signage etc.) and any other specifics outlined in the signed contract agreement. A contract must be signed by the sponsoring organization and WEGL for the partnership to be valid. In order for your request to be considered, a request form must be
completed and submitted via the website before the first day of the semester. WEGL has the right to refuse partnership requests.
LIVE BROADCAST REMOTES:
WEGL provides at least one DJ and mobile equipment that includes speakers. WEGL can emcee (MC) the event if you wish, and can make any necessary announcements. Live remote programming is regularly scheduled programming that is broadcasted live on WEGL 91.1 FM. Programming includes Music, talk shows, and live sporting events. Programming will not be altered for any reason. Due to FCC regulations for noncommercial, educational stations, we may not do live broadcast remotes for commercial services or from places of business. WEGL can, however, provide DJ Services.
WITH ALL SERVICES, KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
- The sponsoring organization is required to take care of any reservations and make sure that WEGL has a power source and Wi-Fi.
- Because we use wireless technology to connect the remote event to the studio, we may only do remote broadcasts from Wi-Fi areas with access granted to the station staff. Use your phone, tablet or laptop to check if you have service in the requested area.
- Supplies permitting, we will bring station giveaways to the event. The sponsoring organization is encouraged (not required) to supply promotional items, or giveaways, to WEGL prior to the event to assist us in promoting the event or activity for you.
- Please give us at least two (2) weeks’ notice. This allows us to schedule staff and promote your event.
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM YOU SIGNIFY UNDERSTANDING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- This form is only a request for WEGL 91.1 FM remote and DJ services, and is not a confirmation that WEGL 91.1 FM can work the event. The WEGL staff and/or Auburn Student Media Group ad staff will be in contact with you. All requests will be considered, but only accepted if equipment and staffing can be made available for the event.
- A fee may be charged for this service (see rates above).
- We provide at least one DJ and mobile equipment that includes speakers. We can emcee (MC)
the event and can make any necessary announcements. We will do our best to play requests and
honor music genres.
- The sponsoring organization handles reservations and make sure we have a power source.
- We may only do remote broadcasts from Wi-Fi areas on campus.
- Supplies permitting, we will bring station giveaways to the event. The sponsoring organization is
encouraged (not required) to supply freebies, or giveaways, to WEGL prior to the event to assist
us in promoting the event or activity.
- Requests must be made two weeks prior to the event. This allows us to schedule staff and
promote your event.
- If the date or time of your event is changed, or it is postponed or canceled, please let us know as
soon as possible.
- Any changes to the original request must be made 48 hours before the event. WEGL is not
obligated to comply if notice of a major change is made after 48 hours.
- You should receive a response from the WEGL staff within one week. If after seven (7) days you
have not received a reply (either able to attend or not), please contact the station’s adviser at
- Organizations and businesses desiring regular, guaranteed event participation may purchase underwriting announcements or advertising from Auburn Student Media Group. Please contact Elizabeth Snider at 334-844-9101 for more information.
WEGL Event/DJ Request Form
For more information and scheduling please email us at email@example.com.